Now that you’ve registered for the largest cross-sectoral housing meeting in Australasia, it’s time to plan your upcoming NHC experience!
Top 5 things to do before you go
- Register — if you haven’t already registered, sign up now
- Book your flights and accommodation — a range of hotel options are available
- Like our Facebook page — stay up to date with all things #NHCSydney
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter — for all pre-conference and important post-conference resources and information
- Download the PAYCE conference app — download the app to your mobile device or login to the web version via your laptop
Still on the fence about attending? Or perhaps you’re trying to convince your boss that NHC 2017 is the right conference for you? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered.
Top 5 reasons to attend
- Join the largest gathering of social and affordable housing sector professionals in Australasia. Held once every two years, the NHC is the largest gathering of not only social and affordable housing practitioners, but also the broad sectors that interact with them. Collaboration across governments and these sectors is key to making an impact and there won’t be a better opportunity than #NHCSydney.
- Network with your peers— more than 1000 key decision-makers from all levels of government, not-for-profits, peak industry bodies and the private sector will be at NHC 2017. With dedicated networking spaces and numerous social and satellite events, you’re bound to leave with a bag full of business cards and a wealth of new ideas.
- Expand your knowledge through a full program that includes 170 speakers, 35 sessions and three site tours. Our comprehensive program allows for in-depth analysis of a range of major topics, from increasing the supply of affordable housing, homelessness, policy reform, Indigenous housing issues, the role of housing in domestic and family violence, and innovative solutions to housing shortages.
- Discover examples of best practice from across the country and internationally With the latest policy-relevant evidence, best practice examples from Australia and abroad, and new policy initiatives, you’ll head home inspired with the latest strategies, resources and approaches.
- Help shape national policy reform on priority housing and homelessness issues. With housing and homelessness on the national agenda and the focus of much political debate, now is the time to create real change. With such an appetite for reform, #NHCSydney is perfectly timed for you, the best and brightest minds in the sector to come together and help deliver lasting reform
Now that you’ve convinced your boss and booked your registration, why not plan some entertainment for your downtime? Check out our list of recommendations for some rest and relaxation in beautiful Sydney.
Top 5 things to do in NSW
- Take in the breathtaking 360 degree views of the beautiful harbour city from the Sydney Tower Eye
- Spend a day in the stunning Blue Mountains
- Indulge your inner Indiana Jones and explore the ancient Jenolan Caves
- Book a table at Sydney’s Restaurant of the Year
- Enjoy a late afternoon ferry ride between Manly Cove and Circular Quay to catch the sun setting over the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
We look forward to seeing you at #NHCSydney this week!
Posted Thursday 23 November 2017 in: Event by Skye Doyle